Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Blogging Virginity

As this is my first blogging attempt, I expect that I will adjust my formula several times along the way, but the main goal is to provide a refuge from the working day. MY DISCLAIMER: This is not an attempt to be mainstream or political in any way shape or form, but just to banter over the daily drone that we know as life. I can be opinionated just like any other person and thought that putting my thoughts out there would spark some interests, conversation, or prove that my viewpoints are as skewed as people have told me in the past.

If anything, it allows time to pass a little faster and make my normal job less soul-crushing. Working in a cubicle farm, one will find almost anything to pass the time, similar to “Andy Dufresne” (Tim Robbins) in the classic flick, The Shawshank Redemption. For those not familiar with the movie, I suggest you spend 3 hours watching it to understand my allusion here. I usually watch this on a rainy or lazy Saturday where I’m lying on the couch tapped into an IV drip of Gatorade as a result of dehydration from my diet of beer the night before. For the rest of us who are familiar with my reference, you might concur that work can be compared to life in prison… so as “Red” (Morgan Freeman) states it best, “In prison, a man’ll do almost anything to keep his mind occupied.”

And with that said, hopefully this medium will afford me the opportunity to keep my mind occupied on something more important to me than working for a paycheck that makes me even more depressed than if I had none in the first place. I hope to discuss many topics that surround society today, or maybe what has happened in the past. I'm pretty flexible as far as what my ADHD will let me focus on during the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment